We think this coleslaw recipe would make the perfect accompaniment to a weekend lunch. In keeping with our number one tip for looking after your digestion – ‘eat your fill of vegetables with each meal’ – this boasts eight different plant foods to keep your gut bacteria thriving!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
½ red cabbage, finely sliced
½ white cabbage, finely sliced
½ red onion, finely sliced
4 Brussels sprouts, finely sliced
1 medium beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1. Combine the sliced and grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan, shaking occasionally to toast both sides.
3. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate by knocking on the skin with a wooden spoon. Prise out any that remain. Add to the coleslaw and gently mix.
4. Just before serving, pour over the desired amount of dressing and again stir gently to mix.
5. Sprinkle the toasted pumpkin seeds over the coleslaw to serve.
Want to know more?
ProVen Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth ProVen research.