Who else is enjoying the new season asparagus that’s in the shops at the moment? Saturday 23rd April is National Asparagus Day, so what better way to celebrate than with a delicious tray bake recipe – our favourite way to cook! This recipe can easily be adjusted to feed more, or just serve one, as needed.
Asparagus are a form of prebiotic fibre, meaning that as well as feeding you, they feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut as well. And if they’re happy, then you’re happy.
300g new potatoes
2 salmon fillets
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
Lemon wedges to serve
Green salad to serve
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the new potatoes in a large ovenproof dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus to the dish, drizzle with olive oil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and cook everything for a further 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked. If you would like the skins to be crispy, turn halfway through cooking.
5. Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise, dill, capers and lemon juice.
6. Remove the tray bake from the oven, divide between two plates and serve with dill mayo, lemon wedges and a large handful of green salad.