Support your gut
We all know that poor digestion can affect our mood – if our gut is ‘off’, we can feel uncomfortable, bloated, and lethargic and it can also affect our bowel movements.
Whilst there is clear evidence to show that exercise supports mood, researchers have also shown that regular exercise can affect the gut microbiota, changing its composition by increasing the good bacteria strains.
- Regular cardiovascular exercise, such as walking, running, and cycling can help to improve digestive transit time.
- Sit-ups, crunches, and other exercises that squeeze the abdominal muscles can help to eliminate gas.
- Stretching exercises and certain yoga poses can support the digestive organs. (Try our yoga poses for great digestion here)
- Deep breathing can help with muscle relaxation and stress management and thus aid digestion.
Other articles offering advice on how to support your gut:
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Gut Bacteria, Based on Science – Healthline
- 15 tips to boost your gut microbiome – Science Focus
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health, please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107