It’s National Taco Day!
1 cup brown rice
2 tbsp olive oil
400g minced beef/turkey
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can sweetcorn, drained
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Fill a large saucepan with two cups of water and cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over a medium/high heat. Add minced beef/turkey and cook until browned, stir in taco seasoning. Drain excess fat.
3. Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with beef mixture, black beans, corn, avocado, and tomatoes.
You can find some other healthy taco recipes at the following links:
- Healthy taco meat recipe – Kim’s Cravings
- Healthy tacos – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- 19 Healthy taco recipes to make over your Taco Tuesday – health.com
Want to know more?
ProVen Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health and staying healthy please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth ProVen research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107