Whilst many articles focus on advice for women, men can also be a little daunted by the prospect of summer and baring their bodies on the beach.
To help redress the balance, here are our top tips for all those men looking to tone up in time for their summer holidays and acquire that desired dad bod.
- If time is tight, aim for 15-20 minutes of exercise per day to help speed up your metabolism and keep food moving through the digestive system. Varying the types of exercise can also help – try jogging, cycling, swimming, interval training, skipping, or simply jumping on the trampoline with the kids.
- Stay hydrated at all times – men need more water than women due to higher body weight, so aim for at least 3 litres every day.
- Get enough sleep every night – 7-8 hours is optimal and without it, shifting those extra pounds will be almost impossible.
- Find ways to help manage stress – some ideas include going for a walk, deep breathing, taking a nap, finding time for 15-20 minutes of exercise each day.
- Work on your posture – pulling your shoulders up and back and tightening your core muscles can help to improve posture and reduce potential backache.
- Reduce sugar intake – sounds obvious, but those extra calories can creep in via that bottle of cold beer before you head home after work or finishing off the kids’ ice-cream or snack. Being mindful of where sugar sneaks into your day can help to reduce your intake.
- Eat breakfast – a breakfast rich in protein, natural fats, and slow-releasing carbohydrates helps to kick-start your metabolism and support energy levels throughout the day.
Other articles to help support your dad bod journey include:
- Dad bod: what is it, and why is everyone suddenly talking about it? – Vox
- The Top 3 Reasons You Should Rock a Dad Bod – Legion
Want to know more?
Pro-Ven Probiotics aim to provide the best support for both you and your health. If you wish to know more about gut health for men, please do not hesitate to call us on 01639 825107 or alternatively, learn more via our blogs or in-depth proven research.
ProVen Probiotics, Unit 2 Christchurch Road, Baglan Industrial Park, Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ. Tel: 01639 825107